June 9, 2012

Corned Beef Cheese-steak

June 6th was my boyfriends birthday, so for him, I defrosted one of the several corned beefs that he picked up on sale after St. Patrick's day and decided to do something a little different with it for him. Thus, the corned beef cheese-steak experiment began.

I unfortunately don't have too much to say about that except that I actually forgot to start the meat in the morning before I had a full day of running around and was lucky my boyfriend started it for me. Beyond that, it was pretty simple and just thrown together before I crashed when I got home.

Hope you enjoy this variation as much as we did. 






_____________________________________________________

Corned Beef Cheese-steak


Ingredients
     - 1 1/2lbs corned beef
     - 1 package steak rolls
     - 1 green pepper
     - 1 onion
     - 1 package american white cheese or provolone

Directions
     - Cook corned beef in slow cooker with seasoning as directed on package.

     - Slice green pepper and onion thinly and cook in skillet until tender. Then remove corned beef from crock pot and shred with forks. Throw in with the vegetables and cook lightly.

     - Place slices of cheese on top and cook until melted (or tear and melt into the meat and vegetables). 

     - Remove from skillet and place on steak roll. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment