May 28, 2012

Let the blogging begin!

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you just didn't feel like doing anything so you didn't plan ahead, yet you find yourself cooking every night? It might just be me, but this has been one of those weeks. I started out thinking to myself, "Oh, we'll just do frozen pizzas or we'll throw a frozen meal into a skillet and be done with it". Boy was I wrong ...

I long ago acknowledged that my stomach is the 'Lord & Master' of me and I must do as it says. I even often jokingly refer to being hungry as, "My stomach demands the sacrifice ...". So, it is easy to see where my original plan went wrong.

While wandering around the kitchen on Saturday night debating what easy cook meal I was going to do for dinner, my stomach took control. A can of soup didn't sound good. A frozen pizza didn't sound any better. And god forbid I even think about pulling a Bertolli meal out of the freezer.

My stomach dragged me over to the deep freezer and convinced me that digging to the bottom for a package of pork spareribs was going to be a good idea.

That is how I ended up here. The grand success that was 3 hours ribs (thaw, marinade, cook) lead me to actually starting the food blog that I've been telling myself that I want to do for the last 6 months or so.

Whelp ... Here I go ... Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment